Siponey Skillet Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Whiskey and honey in chocolate chip banana bread? Yes please! This is a super easy recipe – one bowl, one skillet.
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp Siponey
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 + 2/3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas and add the melted butter and Siponey. Stir to combine.
- Add the sugar, egg, baking soda, vanilla, salt, and flour to the bowl. Stir gently to incorporate and make sure everything is well combined.
- Add ½ of the chocolate chips and stir in, but save some for sprinkling on top before baking.
- Grease your cast iron skillet with butter or cooking spray, then pour the batter into the pan. Note: try to push the batter away from the middle, so when it rises it will be even!
- Bake for 40 minutes until nice and golden brown on top. To test, insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean, it’s done. Let cool, slice and serve!